HURD’S LOUISIANA LIVE – MAY 8, 2023
Written by WGSO Producer on May 8, 2023
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today on Hurd’s Louisiana Live :
- Business Report: Stocks, Treasury Yields; Oil and Gas; Bitcoin
- Other Business News Summary
- Week of May 1 through May 5:
- House passes HB-1; no brake in the spending cap; pay-down of State and Teacher retirement debt;
- Teacher pay raise money available locally; Childhood moneys are federal funds (COVID) lost
- Infrastructure has over $250 million for catch-up; plus regular budget amounts.
- Firming up Republican Support for HB-1: Republican Party endorses the Fiscal Plan of HB
- Political Election Developments:
- La. Republican Party: Endorses John Fleming for Treasurer
- President Trump endorses Jeff Landry for Governor.
- Call on Louisiana Senators to hold the line on HB-1 and defeat Senate Concurrent Resolution 2 (Break Spending Cap).