4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup blackberry jam
¾ cup Heinz chili sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoons ground black pepper
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced plus more for garnish
Lime wedges for serving
1. Remove the tips from the chicken wings, then separate the wings from the drumettes. Place the wings in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, blackberry jam, chili sauce, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, chili powder, black pepper and cilantro.
3. Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for two hours up to overnight.
5. Grill the chicken wings until both sides turn golden brown.
6. Serve immediately with some lime wedges and garnish with additional fresh cilantro leaves.
Yields 2 quarts. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
3 pounds watermelon chunks, seeded
½ cup bourbon, or more as desired
1 cup Sprite
1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
Pinch of salt
1. Puree watermelon in a blender.
2. Add bourbon, Sprite, lemonade and salt.
3. Pulse just once or twice more.
4. Pour into a freezer safe pitcher and freeze for 3 hours.
6. Serve in Mason jars or jelly jar glasses garnished with festive paper straws or fresh berries.