THE BIG JOHN MASON SHOW – NOVEMBER 1, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on November 1, 2021
Its The Big John Mason Show with your host John Mason!
- Governor John Bell Edwards is visiting Scotland, leaving LT. Governor Billy Nungesser in charge for a week
- Four new proposed constitutional amendments and implications:
- Authorize the legislature to provide for the streamlined electronic filing, electronic remittance, and the collection of sales and use taxes levied within the state by the State and Local Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Commission and to provide for the funding, duties, and responsibilities of the commission
- To lower the maximum allowable rate of individual income tax and to authorize the legislature to provide by law for a deduction for federal income taxes paid
- To allow levee districts created after January 1, 2006, and before October 9, 2021, whose electors approve the amendment to levy an annual tax not to exceed five mills for the purpose of constructing and maintaining levees, levee drainage, flood protection, and hurricane flood protection
- To increase the amount of allowable deficit reductions to statutory dedications and constitutionally protected funds from five percent to ten percent
- Early voting has begun in Louisiana (Oct. 30 – Nov 6) GEAUX VOTE
Listen live locally 1PM-2PM Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays on WGSO 990 AM and can be heard on several affiliate stations and on the Internet at WGSO.com.