RINGSIDE POLITICS – MAY 27, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on May 27, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), Ranking Member of the Senate Small Business Committee, along with the Committee’s Republican members led a follow-up letter to their April 15 letter to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) regarding the unlawful participation of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) in the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
On April 15, 2021, Dr. Paul and SBC Republican members sent a letter detailing how two PPFA affiliates were approved for second draw loans despite their ineligibility for PPP loans.
The letter requested that the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) investigate and provide additional information regarding PPFA affiliates participation in the PPP by April 23, 2021.
“We have not received the requested information or a formal response from you.” the Senators wrote. “In fact, since our April 15 letter to you, SBA approved PPP loans for at least two additional PPFA affiliates according to the most recent public data posted to the Agency’s website. This includes a $10 million dollar loan, the maximum loan amount, to a PPFA affiliate just last week. This is unacceptable. As members of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, we expect transparency and cooperation with requests for information from your agency.”
2) Joe Biden wants you to know that he’s suddenly, a year and a half in, developed a mild curiosity about where this pandemic came from. Turns out the virus probably didn’t originate in Omaha. More than that, Joe Biden can’t say. But he’s put some of his top sleuths on it — the super spies in the so-called “intelligence community” — and they’ve promised to report back at some point.
As of today, two-thirds of Joe Biden’s spies believe the virus jumped naturally to humans from an infected animal, as viruses often do as you peruse the pangolin aisle in your local wet market. The spies who believe that are the ones who’ve never spoken to a working virologist and don’t have internet access. But, the other third, Biden told us, “leans more towards” the theory that COVID escaped from the nearby government lab in Wuhan was conducting dangerous experiments on nearly-identical bat coronaviruses at the same time. That’s a minority of spies who believe that, but they’re open to the possibility. Who knows, really.
3) Conservative watchdog Judicial Watch has sued Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, D., on behalf of the Daily Caller News Foundation, the group announced Thursday, over her policy of granting interviews to only non-White reporters.
The lawsuit, filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, alleges Lightfoot violated reporter Thomas Catenacci’s equal protection rights under the Fourteenth Amendment when she didn’t respond to multiple requests for interviews, as well as his First Amendment rights.
Lightfoot made waves earlier this month when she announced she would only grant one-on-one interviews to Black and Brown reporters upon the two-year anniversary of her taking office, scolding the Chicago media for its “overwhelming Whiteness.”
4) China’s refusal to support the World Health Organization’s investigation into the origins of COVID-19 spurred the Biden administration to accelerate the declassification of U.S. intelligence and the release of President Biden’s statement revealing that officials are coalescing around “two likely scenarios” that led to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News has learned.
An administration official told Fox News that the president was briefed on the intelligence in the Presidential Daily Briefing earlier this month, which revealed that U.S. intelligence officials are torn between whether COVID-19 emerged from human contact with an infected animal or from a laboratory accident.
1) Col. Allen West, Chairman of the Texas Republican Party
2) John Milkovich, Former LA State Senator
3) Steve Konos, Ringside Politics Creative Director; Ringside Politics Parody of the Week
4) Josh Bernstein, Ringside All-Star