RINGSIDE POLITICS – MARCH 29, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on March 29, 2021
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) A fuming Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., railed against President Joe Biden and his administration’s role in the crisis at the southern border Tuesday, suggesting the White House is gaslighting the public into believing the U.S.-Mexico frontier is secure.
Graham joined “Hannity” to praise Fox News contributor Sara Carter’s exclusive report about conditions in migrant holding facilities.
“If this is proven to be true and I have no doubt it is,” Graham said, “all I can say — let me tell you this, [migrant holding] POD 3A, according to your reporting, is supposed to hold 80 people. There were 694 children in POD 3A being managed by two Border Patrol agents.
2) Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has detailed how a Republican Senate delegation to the border, led by him, encountered human traffickers and cartel members yelling at them and taunting law enforcement — as they saw the crisis at the border up close.
“We have been listening to and seeing cartel members, human traffickers right on the other side of the river, waving flashlights yelling and taunting Americans, taunting the Border Patrol because they know under the current policies of the Biden administration they can flood over here,” Cruz said in a video.
3) Louisiana Senator John Kennedy had strong words for the Biden administration’s handling of the current immigration crisis along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Kennedy was one of 18 Republican Senators visiting the U.S. Customs & Border Protection Facility in Donna, Texas, on Friday where Biden confirmed the facility is at 1556% capacity with mostly unaccompanied minors.
“What you see behind me, these children and these mothers and fathers and relatives, is a direct result of President Biden’s policies,” said Kennedy, while standing within earshot of smugglers in the Rio Grande Valley less than a mile away from the border,
“President Biden adopted a policy that the smugglers take advantage of—that if you come with the child, who’s under six years of age, and you get here, you’re released into our country.
“The smugglers all know this. And you can see all the young children, all under the age of six, all of these families paid money to a smuggler to get them here. Many of them were abused or violated or hurt on their way here.”
4) Sen. Ted Cruz posted a video of a woman he identified as a Biden administration staffer blocking him from recording at a migrant facility on Sunday.
Cruz and Sen. John Cornyn led a Senate delegation tour of the Texas-Mexico border last week in response to the immigration crisis surging.
“Please give dignity to the people. Please respect the people, the rules,” the staffer can be heard telling Cruz while blocking his camera.
The woman in the video is a senior adviser who was hired two weeks ago, according to Cruz.
“Your policies are unfortunately trying to hide them. I understand that you were instructed,” Cruz said. “I respect them. I want to fix this situation.”
1) Chad Rogers, Publisher of TheDeadPelican.com; Ringside All-Star – joins the show to take callers and share his unique, pessimistic outlook on the future.