RINGSIDE POLITICS – MARCH 25, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on March 25, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Wednesday said that she’s “not familiar” with a widely reported claim that a company associated with first son Hunter Biden received $3.5 million from the wife of Moscow’s former mayor, after being asked by The Post what the payment was for.
“I’m not familiar with that claim. It doesn’t sound like it’s backed up by a lot of evidence. If you have evidence or specifics, I’m happy to discuss it further,” Psaki said at her daily press briefing in response to a question from The Post.
Psaki said, referring to a report from the Senate Finance and Homeland Security committees that made the claim, “I’m not familiar with the report at all.”
2) It’s one of North Korea’s time-tested tactics: welcome a new U.S. administration with a provocative weapons test.
With Thursday’s ballistic-missile launch, North Korea has now tried to use military fireworks to grab the attention of a new White House over four consecutive presidencies. The aggression hasn’t proven very successful, as Pyongyang ended up more sanctions-strapped than it had before.
But this time, the Kim Jong Un regime and the Biden administration find themselves with little leverage to force the other side to bend to their demands.
3) A fuming Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., railed against President Joe Biden and his administration’s role in the crisis at the southern border Tuesday, suggesting the White House is gaslighting the public into believing the U.S.-Mexico frontier is secure.
Graham joined “Hannity” to praise Fox News contributor Sara Carter’s exclusive report about conditions in migrant holding facilities.
“If this is proven to be true and I have no doubt it is,” Graham said, “all I can say — let me tell you this, [migrant holding] POD 3A, according to your reporting, is supposed to hold 80 people. There were 694 children in POD 3A being managed by two Border Patrol agents.
“God bless the Border Patrol, God bless the customs agents who are dealing with the Biden administration s—show at the border.”
4) Sean Hannity accused the White House of hypocrisy Friday after a report that Biden administration staffers had been fired after disclosing they had smoked marijuana – after Vice President Kamala Harris has admitted using pot herself.
Several young staffers are out of a job and dozens were suspended for admitting to marijuana use, despite being told it would be overlooked by the administration, according to The Daily Beast.
Hannity slammed the administration for the apparent about-face on his Friday show.
‘My position is, don’t tell people to be honest and then not keep your word that there could be no consequences for being honest.’
1) Col. Allen West, Chairman of the Texas Republican Party – calls in the state of affairs in the Republican Party and the nation as a whole.
2) Bill Martinez, host of Bill Martinez Live – simulcasts with Jeff in the second hour to discuss the hot topics of the week and share their unique commentary.
3) Steve Konos, Ringside Politics Creative Director; Ringside Politics Parody of the Week – joins the show to share and discuss his weekly political parody.
4) Josh Bernstein, Ringside All-Star – joins the show to opine with callers and discuss the events of the week.