RINGSIDE POLITICS – MARCH 23, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on March 23, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Vice President Kamala Harris laughed when asked Monday if she planned to visit the US-Mexico border, where a humanitarian and security crisis is unfolding as tens of thousands of Central American migrants have crossed in recent weeks.
“Not today,” said Harris, who formerly represented border-adjacent California as a senator, before letting out a belly laugh. “But I have before, and I’m sure I will again.”
2)Reporters pressed White House press secretary Jen Psaki on whether President Biden was seen by a doctor after falling up the stairs boarding Air Force One on Friday – and Psaki appeared to dodge the question.
“First off, before I get to my other questions, just checking on the president. He fell going up the stairs to Air Force One on Friday. Is he doing OK?” a reporter asked during Monday’s press briefing.
“He’s 100% fine. I don’t know if you’ve been up those steps, they’re a little tricky sometimes,” Psaki responded.
3) Gov. Ron DeSantis has emphatically resisted placing restrictions on businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
But DeSantis last week suggested he may go after companies if they require customers to show proof that they are vaccinated, saying “it’s more than just a private decision.”
The governor was referring to what have been called COVID-19 passports, a phenomenon gathering momentum abroad.
“It’s a very, very bad idea,” DeSantis said of requiring COVID-19 passports. “Look, if you want to go to a movie theater or a concert or all this stuff, go. If you don’t, don’t. But, to require someone to show some type of proof of vaccination is completely unacceptable. It’s not something we are going to support here in any way.”
4) New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s first accuser, Lindsey Boylan, detailed her claims of sexual harassment in a new interview with celebrity #MeToo journalist Ronan Farrow.
In the interview, published in The New Yorker, the governor’s former adviser provides new anecdotes of the embattled governor’s alleged harassment, bullying, and intimidation tactics.
Boylan, 36, first came forward with allegations in December and fleshed them out in a late February blog post amid scrutiny of Cuomo for the pandemic’s death toll among residents in state nursing homes. At least seven women total have come forward with claims since.
In her interview with Farrow, Boylan recounted a 2018 incident in which a dog jumped on her in the governor’s mansion and Cuomo “joked that if he were a dog, he would try to ‘mount’ her as well.”
“I remember being grossed out but also … what a dumb third-grade thing to say,” Boylan said in the interview.
1) Dr. Kathy Koch; Faculty member; Summit Ministries; Founder; Celebrate Kids – joins the show in the first hour to talk about the importance of faith and America’s christian values.
2) LT. General Thomas IcInerney, Retired Air Force LT. General; Political and Military Analys – calls in to discuss the state of affairs in the country and the mishandling of the COVID pandemic.
3) Michelle Hirstius; Ringside All-Star – calls in to discuss the events of the day and opine with callers
4) Steven Abboud, President Phazzer – joins the final hour to discuss his business and the value of self-defense.