RINGSIDE POLITICS – JUNE 8, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on June 8, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) The White House on Monday defended President Biden after he failed to acknowledge the 77th anniversary of D-Day on Sunday, saying he values the role of the men and women who serve, and that his memory of them is “close to his heart.”
“His value for the role of the men who served on D-Day, and his memory of them is something the president has spoken to many times in the past,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Monday.
2) Vice President Kamala Harris received a swath of criticism Tuesday following her awkward response to questions about the ongoing border crisis.
Harris was asked by NBC’s Lester Holt when she would be visiting the border, a question asked since she took over management of the border crisis for the Biden administration in March.
3) Vice President Kamala Harris responding with, “…And I haven’t been to Europe,” after being probed in an NBC interview about visiting the southwestern border was “bizarre,” said Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk in an appearance on Fox News’ ‘Outnumbered’ Tuesday. The Lester Hold-led interview served to ask the VP if she had any plans to visit the border amid the recent crisis, for which Kirk argued Harris should take responsibility.
CHARLIE KIRK: What a bizarre answer. I don’t think she was appointed to be in charge of any sort of… pressing immigration crisis in Europe. I could be wrong. I don’t understand the deflection. That is not her strong suit when put on defense with those questions.
4) The New York City Board of Correction on Tuesday voted unanimously to end solitary confinement in the city’s jails.
With the move, the city is going further than any other jail system in the nation in banning solitary confinement.
“Through our work with our Board of Correction, we have found a plan that will provide a safe and humane environment for those who are incarcerated and officers alike,” New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement.
1) Dr. Bryan Ardis, CEO of Ardis Labs
2) Michelle Hirstius, Author and Commentator, Ringside Politics All-Star
3) Paris Dennard, RNC National Spokesperson