Ringside Politics – January 29, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on January 29, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Former President Donald Trump met House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday for what was later described as a “very good and cordial” meeting in which the top agenda item was taking back the House of Representatives in 2022.
Although many topics were discussed, according to a readout released by Trump’s Save America leadership PAC, the chief focus was on the upcoming midterm elections, when Republicans have a chance to take back the lower chamber after posting surprising gains in the 2020 elections. Republicans picked up a net gain of at least 10 seats in a year when Democrats hoped anti-Trump furor would help them expand their majority.
2) Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says it’s incumbent upon President Biden to reject calls for “KGB-style” tactics in the U.S. if the nation is to avoid a dark future.
The Hawaii Democrat told followers on social media that Americans will be in “great peril” if Mr. Biden doesn’t stand up to former CIA head John O. Brennan, Big Tech insiders, and others who make a moral equivalence between the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol rioters and organized terror groups overseas.
“The mob who stormed the Capitol to try to stop Congress from carrying out its constitutional responsibilities were behaving like domestic enemies of our country,” Ms. Gabbard said Tuesday. “But let us be clear, the John Brennans, Adam Schiffs and the oligarchs in Big Tech who are trying to undermine our constitutionally-protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style ‘surveillance’ are also domestic enemies — and much more powerful, and therefore dangerous, than the mob which stormed the Capitol.”
3) President Biden’s climate czar, John Kerry, admitted Wednesday that the US reducing its emissions to zero wouldn’t make much of a difference in the global climate change fight — before pushing domestic manufacturing of electric cars and solar panels in favor of energy production.
Kerry’s remarks were made ahead of Biden’s signing of a host of executive actions on Wednesday pushing his $2 trillion Green New Deal-inspired climate agenda.
“He knows Paris alone is not enough,” Kerry told reporters at a White House press briefing, referring to Biden re-entering the US in the Paris Climate Agreement in one of his first acts as president.
4) President Biden had his first call with Russian President Vladimir Putin, discussing a range of topics, including arms control, reports of Russian bounties on U.S. troops in Afghanistan and interference in the 2020 election, the White House said Tuesday.
Meanwhile, nearly all Senate Republicans, including Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), voted against holding an impeachment trial, all but assuring that former president Donald Trump has the votes to avoid conviction. The Senate is moving ahead with the trial Feb. 9, with Trump facing the House charge of “incitement of insurrection” for his role in the deadly Jan. 6 mob attack on the U.S. Capitol.
1) Rick Green, Founder of Patriot Academy – skypes in to discuss today’s political realm and the importance of legal and political literacy.
2) Christopher Holton, Vice President of Outreach, Center for Security Policy; Ringside All-Star – discusses the hot topics of the weeks.
3) Donna Carol Voss, Ringside All-Star – joins the show to talk about the hot topics of the week and opine with callers