RINGSIDE POLITICS – APRIL 30, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on April 30, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) MSNBC’s Joy Reid said Tuesday she still wears two masks while jogging outside, despite being fully vaccinated.
The far-left host argued to pulmonologist Dr. Vin Gupta during “The ReidOut” that jogging within close proximity of others who are still breathing around her was the reason she continued to wear the mask.
2) President Joe Biden took aim at China in his first speech to Congress on Wednesday, pledging to maintain a strong U.S. military presence in the Indo-Pacific and promising to boost technological development and trade.
“China and other countries are closing in fast. We have to develop and dominate the products and technologies of the future,” Biden said.
And in a line that drew some of the strongest applause of the evening, he said, “There is simply no reason the blades for wind turbines can’t be built in Pittsburgh instead of Beijing.”
3) Vice President Kamala Harris and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made history Wednesday as the first women — one of them Black and Indian American — to share the stage in Congress during a presidential address.
President Joe Biden noted the historic development at the very opening of his address. After taking the podium, Biden greeted the two women standing behind him with a “Madam Speaker” and “Madam Vice President.”
He then declared, “No president has ever said those words — and it’s about time.”
4) Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado took a unique approach to maximizing comfort during President Joe Biden’s hour-long address to Congress Wednesday night.
She unpacked what appeared to be a space blanket about halfway through the address and laid the mylar sheet over her lap. Photos from the evening show Boebert using her phone while covered by the blanket and her Twitter account shows she tweeted more than 25 times during Biden’s address.
Matt Fuller, a politics reporter at The Daily Beast who was inside the chamber, tweeted that Boebert “sort of loudly opened” the blanket, then “shook it free so that everyone could hear it in the chamber,” before draping it across her lap.
1) Donna Carol Voss, author and commentator joins in the final segment to take several callers, address today’s hot topics, and much more.
2) Chris Holton, Vice President of Outreach, Center for Security Policy – calls to discuss the latest in the Biden administration.