RINGSIDE POLITICS – MAY 17, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on May 17, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) President Joe Biden on Thursday celebrated the new guidelines lifting mask requirements for people who are fully vaccinated, crediting his administration’s vaccination program with dramatically reducing the impact of the coronavirus.
“I think it’s a great milestone, a great day,” Biden said, speaking from the Rose Garden. “It’s been made possible by the extraordinary success we’ve had in vaccinating so many Americans so quickly.”
Earlier Thursday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that people who are fully vaccinated — meaning, two weeks removed from their last shot — no longer need to wear masks or physically distance themselves, indoors or outdoors in most circumstances.
2) President Biden received backlash on social media Thursday over a tweet that some users saw as a thinly veiled ultimatum when it comes to receiving a COVID-19 jab.
Biden, who addressed the media in the Rose Garden earlier Thursday, announced that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its mask guidance for fully vaccinated Americans. The guidance allows those vaccinated to go mask-free in outdoor and most indoor settings. The president called it “a great day for America.”
Biden’s official Twitter account later posted, “The rule is now simple: get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do. The choice is yours.”
3) Transportation Secretary Admits Pipeline Best for Transporting Oil
4) President Biden’s energy secretary is facing renewed backlash for canceling the Keystone XL pipeline permit after she admitted this week that using a pipeline is “the best way” to transport fuel.
At a Tuesday press conference, Department of Energy (DOE) Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked by a reporter about the “feasibility of using rail cars” to transport fuel across the country as the nation faces a gas shortage from a Russian cyber attack.
The energy secretary said the Department of Transportation was looking into the use of rail cars to transport fuel and that “these are not easy solutions,” as there are a lot of variables with rail transportation.
1) Ted Harvey; Chairman of Committee to Defeat the President – videos into the first hour to discuss the latest in the Biden administration.
2) Chad Rogers, Publisher of TheDeadPelican.com; Ringside All-Star – joins the show to take callers and share his unique, pessimistic outlook on the future.
3) Bill Martinez, host of Bill Martinez Live – simulcasts with Jeff in the second hour to discuss the hot topics of the week and share their unique commentary.
4) Dr. Simone Gold, America’s Frontline Doctors
5) Gregory Wrightston; Geologist, Executive Director of the CO2 Coalition, Author of “Inconvenient Facts: The Facts That Al Gore Doesn’t Want You to Know“