RINGSIDE POLITICS – MARCH 12, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on March 12, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) “There’s a pandemic going on,” Psaki told the reporter. “I’m sure you’re not suggesting that we have children right next to each other in ways that are not COVID-safe, are you?”
Psaki also addressed migrant parents who might be considering sending their children across the U.S.-Mexico border, saying “this is not the time to come.”
U.S. officials have said that anyone who seeks to enter the U.S. and does not have an active Migrant Protection Protocols case, a Trump-era program, will be immediately expelled under COVID-era rules.
2) President Biden on Thursday used his first primetime address to set a goal for Americans to be able to gather in small groups by the Fourth of July and for all adults to be eligible for vaccine sign-ups by May 1. But Biden outlined a darker alternative if things don’t go so well.
The speech encouraged the public to take COVID-19 vaccine shots and wear masks — warning that if they fail to do so, the country could go back into lockdown.
“Even if we devote every resource we have, beating this virus and getting back to normal depends on national unity. National unity isn’t just how politics and politicians vote in Washington or what the loudest voices say on cable or online,” Biden said.
3) A sixth woman has reportedly come forward and is accusing Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment.
The Albany Times Union reported that a member of the executive chamber staff says the governor inappropriately touched her late last year during an encounter at the Executive Mansion, where she had been summoned to do work.
4) Some eligible taxpayers could receive their third stimulus payments as early as this weekend, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said in a press conference Thursday afternoon.
The checks are part of the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act signed into law Thursday by President Joe Biden. The ARP also includes an extension of key unemployment insurance benefits and a more generous child tax credit, among many other provisions.
1) Dr. Bryan Ardis, CEO of ARDISLABS.COM – joins the show in the first hour to discuss his company
2) Chris Holton, Vice President of Outreach, Center for Security Policy – calls to discuss the latest in the Biden administration.
3) Horace Cooper, National Center for Public Policy Research – calls to discuss the current state of affairs in America.
4) Lawrence W. Reed; President Emeritus of the Foundation for Economic Education; Author; “Was Jesus a Socialist?” – joins the show to promote his new book and discuss the qualities of true Socialism.
5) Donna Carol Voss, Ringside All-Star – joins the show to talk about the hot topics of the week and opine with callers