RINGSIDE POLITICS – JULY 9, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on July 12, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) A Tarrant County man captured an unusual moment inside a local Walmart in what appeared to be a spontaneous moment of patriotism.
The unexpected moment at the Walmart in Haslet was captured Saturday afternoon by Cody Schrage. He says he was waiting for his wife near self-checkout when all of a sudden he heard the Start-Spangled Banner.
“It was chilling. It was bone-chilling,” he said.
Schrage posted the video on his Facebook page for his friends, and it quickly went viral. Hundreds of thousands of shares and likes started pouring in, and then it got shared on TikTok.
“Freakin two thousand or two million views or whatever,” he said. “I’ve never had two million views on anything. I barely have five.”
2) Parler’s former interim CEO Mark Meckler argued on “Fox & Friends First” on Thursday that former President Donald Trump’s lawsuit against Big Tech companies “could break new ground.”
Meckler made the comment the day after Trump announced that he will lead a lawsuit over alleged censorship against Twitter, Facebook and Google, which are the three tech companies that removed him from their platforms after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.
The lawsuit will be a class-action filing, with Trump as the lead plaintiff, claiming that he’s been censored by the companies.
3) Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., in a video interview made public this week doubled down on her calls to defund key immigration agencies, while warning against efforts by the Biden administration to increase technology at the border.
Tlaib, a key member of the “Squad,” which has called for looser immigration restrictions and the abolition of agencies like Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), spoke to Just Futures Law – a legal group that fights for “a future beyond deportation and criminalization.” The full interview was uploaded online on Wednesday.
1) Lt. Col. (Ret.) Ray Moore, Director and Founder of Exodus Mandate and Chairman of PublicSchoolExit.com
2) Chris Holton, Vice President of Outreach, Center for Security Policy