RINGSIDE POLITICS – JULY 26, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on July 26, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Conservatives were left puzzled and slammed President Joe Biden after he quipped about Republicans allegedly believing Democrats are “sucking the blood out of kids” during an exchange with a reporter.
“Are there people in the Republican Party who think we’re sucking the blood out of kids?” the president quipped Wednesday in response to a Daily Caller reporter asking him if there are any Democrats who want to defund the police.
2) Former President Obama’s ethics chief blasted the White House’s ethics plan around the sale of Hunter Biden’s artwork.
The White House announced its ethics plan surrounding the sale of the presidential progeny’s pieces on Thursday, saying the younger Biden would not be privy to who is buying his artwork to try to avoid ethical pitfalls, according to a report by the Washington Post.
Walter Shaub, Obama’s former ethics chief, eviscerated the White House in a Twitter thread, saying the administration is trying to “make sure we will never know” who the buyers are.
3) Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, a Democrat, continued to defend her controversial decision to only speak with non-White reporters earlier this year, calling the number of the journalists of color covering her “unacceptable” and declaring she’d do it again because of the conversation it spurred.
“I would absolutely do it again. I’m unapologetic about it because it spurred a very important conversation, a conversation that needed to happen, that should have happened a long time ago,” Lightfoot told “Sway” host Kara Swisher in an interview published Monday.
1) Braden Boucek – Director of Litigation, Southeastern Legal Foundation
2) Chad Rogers, Publisher of TheDeadPelican.com; Ringside Politics All-Star