RINGSIDE POLITICS – JULY 22, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on July 22, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder just won his lawsuit against California Secretary of State Shirley Weber, who on Saturday released the list of the 41 candidates who she claimed filed the required paperwork to run in the September 14th recall election. However, Larry Elder‘s name was not on that list, the Globe reported Monday.
Elder filed a lawsuit against the Secretary of State and the hearing was Wednesday. Elder won.
“Judge orders California to include Larry Elder on the ballot in California recall election. Says tax returns were never required in the first place for a recall as opposed to a primary election,” Attorney Harmeet Dhillon Tweeted immediately after the court win.
2) The Biden administration has been under growing pressure to end the pandemic-related border controls that have blocked hundreds of thousands of migrants and asylum seekers from entering the country during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Wednesday, Democratic lawmakers and immigration advocates gathered in front of the Capitol urging President Joe Biden to fully repeal Title 42, the Trump-era rule that allows border agents to expel migrants deemed a public health risk.
“Early on, we called out this policy as the human rights violation that it is,” said Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts. We remain strident in our calls for the Biden administration to rescind this harmful policy.”
3) As we approach the start to next year’s midterm election campaign, two threats stalk our economic recovery. The first is an unwelcome inflationary burst, which could result from economic overheating. The second is the further spread to our shores of the virus’s highly contagious Delta strain that is now plaguing all too many countries across the globe.
The good news for President Joe Biden is the unlikelihood that both inflation and the Delta’s destructive spread will coexist for long side by side. The bad news for Mr. Biden is that either inflation or the Delta variant on its own has the potential to derail the US economic recovery.
4) Wally Funk is giving Jeff Bezos’ spaceflight a two-star review.
The 82-year-old passenger on Tuesday’s Blue Origin mission enthusiastically thanked the billionaire for the flight, but the trailblazing former NASA trainee also offered some less-than-stellar comments on the 11-minute trip.
“We went right on up and I saw darkness. I thought I was going to see the world, but we weren’t quite high enough,” said Funk, who’s now the oldest person to travel to space.
While the suborbital Blue Origin flight goes about 10 miles higher than rival Virgin Galactic’s, footage from onboard the flight’s passenger capsule shows what Funk’s talking about.
1) Rick Green, Founder of Patriot Academy
2) Rick Manning, PResident of Americans for LImited Government
3) Steve Konos, Ringside Politics Creative Director; Ringside Politics Parody of the Week
4) Josh Bernstein, Ringside All-Star, Josh Bernstein Uncensored