RINGSIDE POLITICS – JULY 19, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on July 19, 2021
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) President Joe Biden said Friday social media platforms like Facebook are “killing people” with misinformation surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic as the White House ramps up its rhetoric around false information on social media regarding the pandemic.
2) Facebook on Saturday refuted remarks made by President Joe Biden that social media platforms are “killing people” by allowing coronavirus vaccine misinformation on their services and argued that vaccine acceptance among its users has actually risen in the U.S.
In a blog post, Guy Rosen, Facebook’s vice president of integrity, pointed to data suggesting that vaccine hesitancy among U.S. its users has declined by 50%, and 85% of users said they have been or would like to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
“These and other facts tell a very different story to the one promoted by the administration in recent days,” Rosen wrote.
3) President Joe Biden continued to put pressure on Facebook on Monday over the online dissemination of Covid-19 vaccine information, but backed off his recent accusation that the company was directly responsible for “killing people” and suggested it was merely allowing misinformation to spread.
4) Michael Wolff told Brian Stelter he’s part of why many people in the United States don’t trust the media.
Wolff, who joined Stelter’s Reliable Sources to discuss his new book about former President Donald Trump, said the CNN host is “full of sanctimony” in the way he presents the news, stunning the CNN anchor during his Sunday morning broadcast.
Stelter recalled Wolff calling the CNN anchor “ridiculous” and “bash[ing] the media” during an appearance on the network in early 2017, after which he said Trump called Wolff and invited him into the White House.
“Is that how you got that access, by coming on CNN and making fun of us? I’m just curious,” Stelter asked.
1) Heather Mullins; Investigative Reporter, Real America’s Voice
2) Candy Peavy, Physical Therapist
3) Chad Rogers, Publisher of TheDeadPelican.com; Ringside Politics All-Star