RINGSIDE POLITICS – JULY 1, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on July 6, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) President Biden on Wednesday seemed to publicly urge Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., to run for senate– a gesture that seemed to even surprise the congresswoman.
Biden was at a bill signing and was joined by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Jesus “Chuy” Garcia, D-Ill.; and Waters. A video from the event showed Biden turn to Garcia and then to Waters. He shook their hand.
“Senator, I hope,” he said, as he looked as Waters. The 82-year-old representative seemed to play off the comment as a joke and patted him on the back. Biden turns away and said, “You think I’m kidding, I’m not.”
2) Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday claimed during a border security event in Texas that President Biden would flunk a cognitive test.
Trump said that he “aced” his own test, administered by then-White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson, who is now a Texas Republican congressman.
“[Jackson] did a test. Did I ace it? I aced it. And I’d like to see Biden ace it. He won’t ace it,” Trump said during a roundtable event at which he slammed Biden’s border policies.
3) The White House on Wednesday distanced President Biden from Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar after she stood by her comments comparing the US and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban.
‘Any attempt to draw an equivalency between the United States and our close ally, Israel, with a terror groups like Hamas or the Taliban, is false and unacceptable,’ Press Secretary Jen Psaki said at her briefing on Wednesday.
Psaki did however defend Omar and insisted she did not mean her comments, but said: ‘Those are certainly not comments that we’ve made from here.’
Omar has face furious criticism after she appeared on CNN with Jake Tapper and said she didn’t regret the comparison she made earlier this month.
GOP Rep. Andy Biggs had tweeted, ‘Ilhan Omar is a rabid anti-Semite who has no problem smearing Jews, even in her own party. Shameful and un-American.’
1) Col. Allen West, Chairman of the Texas Republican Party
2) Steve Konos, Ringside Politics Creative Director; Ringside Politics Parody of the Week
3) Josh Bernstein, Ringside All-Star, Josh Bernstein Uncensored