Ringside Politics – January 25, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on January 25, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Sen. Rand Paul on Sunday got into a heated exchange with ABC host George Stephanopoulos over the disproven claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen — days after President Joe Biden was inaugurated.
Asked on ABC’s “This Week” whether the election was stolen, the Kentucky Republican responded: “What I would say is that the debate over whether or not there was fraud should occur. We never had any presentation in court where we actually looked at the evidence.” He argued that the rulings were based on the legal status of the claims, not the validity of the arguments — something that was true in some cases but by no means all of them.
2) Gov. Ron DeSantis has ordered more than 600 Florida National Guard soldiers to return home from Washington following reports that troops were “banished” from U.S. Capitol buildings to a parking garage.
DeSantis blasted the treatment of soldiers in the nation’s capital during an appearance Friday morning on “Fox & Friends.”
DeSantis called the assignment a “half-cocked mission at this point” and took aim at Democratic U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
“They are soldiers,” DeSantis said “They are not Nancy Pelosi’s servants.”
3) Construction on the long disputed Keystone XL oil pipeline halted Wednesday as incoming U.S. President Joe Biden revoked its permit on his first day in office.
The 1,700-mile (2,735-kilometer) pipeline was planned to carry roughly 800,000 barrels of oil a day from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast, passing through Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma.
“The Permit is hereby revoked,” Biden’s executive order says. “Leaving the Keystone XL pipeline permit in place would not be consistent with my Administration’s economic and climate imperatives.”
4) President Biden has repealed a controversial Trump-era ban on transgender people serving in the U.S. military.
Biden signed an executive order on the issue Monday morning, ahead of an Oval Office meeting with new Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley and Vice President Harris.
Speaking briefly to reporters in the Oval Office, Biden said the order will allow all “qualified Americans to serve their country in uniform.”
1) Steve Moore, Former Trump Economic Advisor – calls in the first hour to discuss the economic impact of the events this new year.
2) Chad Rogers, Publisher of TheDeadPelican.com; Ringside All-Star – joins the show to take callers and share his unique, pessimistic outlook on the future.