RINGSIDE POLITICS – FEBRUARY 23, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on February 23, 2021
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) Boris Johnson praised Joe Biden for putting the United States back as ‘leader of the free world’ – and snubbed Donald Trump by saying we are now ‘turning a corner’.
Speaking to the annual Munich Security Conference virtually on Friday, President Biden used his first address before a global audience to declare that ‘America is back, the transatlantic alliance is back,’ after four years of a Trump administration.
Mr Biden spoke of salvaging the Iran nuclear deal, meeting economic and security challenges posed by China and Russia, and repairing the damage caused by the coronavirus pandemic – tasks he said would require close cooperation between the US and its Western allies.
2) Australia’s government has condemned the “disgusting” behavior of spectators at the Australian Open tennis tournament Sunday, after sections of the crowd loudly booed a speech praising the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine.
3) President Joe Biden said during a CNN town hall on Tuesday that former police officers and military personnel were fueling the “growth of white supremacy,” Breitbart reported.
Biden said, “I got involved in politics, to begin with because of civil rights and opposition to white supremacist, the Ku Klux Klan and the most dangerous people on America continue to exist. That is the greatest threat of terror in America, domestic terror. So I would make sure my Justice Department and the Civil Rights Division is focused heavily on those very folks. I would make sure we focus on how to deal with the rise of white supremacy. You see what’s happening the studies that are beginning to be done, maybe at your university as well, about the impact of former military, former police officers on the growth of white supremacy in some of these groups.”
4) Attorney General nominee Merrick Garland sidestepped a series of questions at his confirmation hearing Monday regarding his view on how the Justice Department would enforce immigration law on border crossings if he is confirmed as its top official.
Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., pressed Garland on his stance on immigration policy near the end of the first day of his hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee. At the start of his five-minute window for questions, Hawley asked Garland if believed “illegal entry” into the United States should remain a crime.
1) Tom Norton, President of Michigan Conservative Union and Candidate for Congress in MI-3 – joins the show in the first hour to discuss his local campaign as well as the state of the Conservative party.
2) Dr. Bruce L. Hartman, Culture, religion, and politics commentator; Author; “Spend A Year With Jesus: An Inspirational Journey of Finding Jesus and Faith” – calls in to discuss his book and America’s drift away from conservative values.
3) Michelle Hirstius; Ringside All-Star – calls in to discuss the events of the day and opine with callers.
4) Captain Black, Grassroots Security Consultant; Member of Project 21, Black Leadership Network
5)Daphne Barak, Director, Host and Filmmaker; Producer of Trump vs. Hollywood – calls in to discuss her new film and persecution of Donald Trump.