RINGSIDE POLITICS – FEBRUARY 17, 2021
Written by WGSO Producer on February 17, 2021
Welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere
Today’s Hot Topics:
1) New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday offered a rare note of regret as he defended his administration’s decision to delay releasing data on Covid-19 deaths in long-term care facilities.
2) White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday refused to guarantee that the Biden administration’s coronavirus relief bill will not route taxpayer dollars to the abortion industry.
Asked during her regular press briefing whether President Biden’s $1.9 trillion economic stimulus package, dubbed the American Rescue Plan, will include taxpayer funding for the abortion industry, Psaki declined to offer any assurance.
“Well, the president’s view on the Hyde Amendment is well-known,” Psaki said in response to a question from the Eternal Word Television Network. Biden defended the Hyde amendment, which blocks public funds from being spent on abortion, throughout his four-decade Senate career, but he abandoned that stance during his 2020 campaign, citing an increase in restrictive abortion regimes at the state level.
3) Gov. Ron DeSantis is blasting the new guidelines from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when it comes to their recommendations for reopening K-12 schools nationwide.
In Florida, families have already had the option since Fall 2020 as far as whether they want to send their kids back to in-person learning or stick with at-home virtual learning; the Governor says there’s no going back now.
“What the CDC put out, 5:00 on a Friday afternoon, I wonder why they would do it then, was quite frankly a disgrace. It would require, if you actually follow that, closing 90% of schools in the United States,” he said. “We are open, we remain open, and we are not turning back.”
4) Did you see a plane flying over Mar-a-Lago Sunday with the message, “We love you Prez Trump. Happy Valentine’s Day. MP?”
A woman from Texas spent more than $1,000 to deliver that message to Trump.
Marie, of San Antonio, told CBS12 News that she wanted to remind Trump that he is loved.
Marie says she has long been a supporter of Trump.
No word if he actually saw the message. We do know he spent part of his day golfing.
1) Grover Norquist, President of Americans for Tax Reform – joins the show to discuss the shift of power in america and Biden’s first weeks in office.
2) Mimi Owens, Ringside All-Star – rendezvous with Jeff to opine and take callers.
3) Frosty Wooldridge; “Immigration Expert” – joins the show to discuss the perceived threats that immigration presents.